Friday, May 20, 2011

Go Radio


Yes, I also talk about music on here. Or at least that's what I'd love to do since the three things that I love most are music, writing, and cooking. So why not blend them all into one lovely, little blog? So tonight I saw the favorite band of mine, Go Radio. I guess you could say that they're the genre of alternative/punk rock but they are so much different than the rest of the bands in that genre.

The thing that I admire most about Go Radio is that they ARE NOT like the other bands. Most of the time I listen to this kind of music because it's aesthetically pleasing to me -- not for good quality music and lyrics. It's just nice, poppy, catchy stuff I can listen to have a fun listening to. It's a little bit like radio music. Most of the stuff on there is actually pretty bad (bad lyrics, terrible subject matter, autotuned voices, etc) but it's so catchy and hey, if you like it, you like it. No need to try and NOT like something just because it's mainstream and too trashy or whatever. But the thing about Go Radio is that they not only have a great sound, but they also have beautiful lyrics, clever and catchy tunes, and most importantly raw heart, emotion, and soul. Jason Lancaster, the lead singer in the band throws his heart and soul into the songs. They are beautifully written and lyrics just seem to mean so much.

The guys in the band actually came out and made themselves available to talk to after the show. I have a lot of respect for those who greet their fans because I mean hey, I'd love to talk to you! But it's more than that. Their fans are who support them... why not show them that you're grateful for them? But they came out and talked to pretty much everyone in the room and were all friendly, kind, and gratituous.

Thank you Go Radio for a lovely evening.

Cooking blogs coming soon once I start getting less busy!!

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment